You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac Intel 27" EMC 2546.
- Memory: If your iMac is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost. Upgrading to the maximum of 32 GB (four 8 GB modules) is simple and provides unmatched performance.
- Hard Drive: A 1 TB hard drive came standard with the iMac Intel 27". You can upgrade the drive to 2 TB to expand your storage.
Identification and Background
Released November 30, 2012, the 27" iMac EMC 2546 features improved specifications and significantly redesigned internals, housed in a much slimmer case. It can be identified by its model number A1419 and EMC number, 2546, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel core i5 or i7 processor
- 8 GB of RAM(PC3-12800), customizable up to 32 GB
- 1TB hard drive (7200 rpm), with upgrade option to a 3 TB Hard drive, 1 TB or 3 TB Fusion drive or 768 GB SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 660M with 512 MB of dedicated VRAM or 675MX graphics processor with 1 GB dedicated VRAM or optional NVIDIA GeForce 680MX with 2 GB of dedicated VRAM
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0