Dead, wont turn on or connect

I got this 3rd gen touch from a coworker who said it was working fine and then it was dead when he tried to use it. I tried all the tricks online about resetting, holding in buttons for ten seconds etc. but nothing. it isn't recognized when plugged in or anything and it gets pretty hot when plugged in. So I changed the battery, still the same as before. I read where there is a power management ic that could be bad and that appears to be about where it is getting hot too. I have the board out and battery is back out too so now I'm just doing this to see if I can get it going, the owner bought a new one and said toss it so it's just for my knowledge now. Anyone replace this ic before or have any suggestions?

crwdns2893858:0crwdne2893858:0 crwdns2893862:0crwdne2893862:0

crwdns2894050:0crwdne2894050:0

crwdns2889612:0crwdne2889612:0 0
crwdns2892346:0crwdne2892346:0