Well I wish I read this awhile ago. I punctured a battery with some tweezers. It burst into flames. I ran into the bathroom and threw the whole phone into water. The phone survived! I was really surprised at the chemical energy and how fast that released, so I urge everyone to take this very seriously. I’m an electrical engineer so I should have known better and been more patient. I’ve wondered how many years I may have lost by inhaling the caustic smoke that was coming from that. I wished that my wife and daughter hadn’t witnessed that event, because my “mr. fixit” rep was seriously tarnished that day.