My Passport runs smoothly without clicking sound but can't be detected
I have a WD My Passport 1TB which is a 2014 model. Up until 4 months ago, the drive worked perfectly and was detected every time I plugged it in to my two Windows computers. Lately, this hasn’t been the case. The drive spins up smoothly, no clicking noises or anything like that. But the computers don’t detect it. I have tried the following:
- Uninstalled USB drivers from device manager
- Opened the My Passport casing and tried cleaning off dust, didn’t find much.
- Tried multiple USB cables and ports
- Tried running virus checks
- Tried showing hidden drives and uninstalled them
Nothing so far. Could you please help me? I would really really appreciate any sort of tips or pointers or guidance related to this issue . I am really in need of the data in the drive!