{A1706 / EMC 3071}—Released in June 2017, this 13" Macbook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to 3.5 GHz Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz.

crwdns2886949:0237crwdne2886949:0 crwdns2858137:0crwdne2858137:0

My cat knocked my water bottle out of my hands and onto my computer.

More accurately, my cat knocked my water bottle out of my hands and tipped water onto a tray, which was holding my (open) MacBook Pro.

None of the water fell on the top case. It pooled underneath and got into two of the four Thunderbolt ports and the aux port (all on right side). I turned it off immediately, but as I was trying to take my hardshell case off (I could see water had gotten underneath) and wipe any excess water from the outside in preparation to dry it all out, the screen did power up again and then the computer immediately turned off.

I have it hanging off the edge of a bed upside down (keyboard portion lying flat on the bed, secured, and with lots of cushions and pillows underneath on the floor just in case some other freak accident were to happen) with a ceiling fan on and a second fan blowing directly on it. I did try momentarily to put it in a container with rice but then thought gravity wouldn't work in my favor and pulled it out after about 10 minutes. I don't know if that changes anything.

I know that I won't know how damaged it is until waiting days and then turning it on, and even then, damage might show up in the future. I'm kind of losing my mind though because it's a new computer that's less than halfway paid off now, I have a disability so I rely on it completely for work, and all of the miracle stories on the internet that would have offered me hope are about older MacBook models... so I have no idea if the configuration of this computer puts me more at risk for water damage or for changing the color of the sensors even if I don't have real damage so my AppleCare coverage is completely void forever. So what's your best approximation of how screwed I am? Should I be doing something else to dry it out (setting it open on its side, water-damaged port down, on some towels, etc rather than the current set-up I have)? How long should I wait before checking it out (reasonably)?

crwdns2893858:0crwdne2893858:0 crwdns2893862:0crwdne2893862:0


crwdns2889612:0crwdne2889612:0 0


How's your cat?.. :/


crwdns2889612:0crwdne2889612:0 0


cpb crwdns2893898:0crwdne2893898:0

crwdns2894766:024crwdne2894766:0 0

crwdns2894768:07crwdne2894768:0 1

crwdns2894768:030crwdne2894768:0 3

crwdns2894770:0crwdne2894770:0 228