MacBook air won't power on
I have a Macbook Air 11" Mid 2013. It is working perfectly except that it won't power on after it was shut down. To power it on, I have to do the following steps:
1) Remove back cover
2) Unplug battery cable
2') Plug battery cable in
3) Plug megasafe in
4) It turns on automatically after about 5-10 seconds. No need to press power button
- Step 2 is the most important step. Without unplugging battery, it won't power on by any methods including megasafe plugged in.
- Step 2' is not important. It will turn on without Step 2'
- Power button is working when it's ON. When it is completely OFF, it won't power on by pressing power button
- When it's ON, it can be restarted by Press Power Button --> Select Restart; or Select Apple logo --> Select Restart
- When it was shut down, it won't power on except above method.
- I have tried reseting SMC, NVRAM but won't work
- Megasafe LED is on when plugged in
Any comment or suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Happy New Year 2017!