crwdns2894164:0crwdne2894164:0
crwdns2894186:0crwdne2894186:0

crwdns2893794:0crwdne2893794:0 oldturkey03 ,

crwdns2893800:0crwdne2893800:0:

I have a GE Profile and everything worked but it would not heat. If this is the case with your microwave then here is what I suggest. Open up your oven by removing the top cover. Let it sit UNPLUGGED for 30 minutes or better yet you MUST discharge the HIGH VOLTAGE CAPICATOR. The capacitor has enough voltage to kill you. If you do not know what a capacitor is or how to discharge it look for a video on UTUBE. Then do the following:
1. Locate the transformer. Take of the two leads usually a red wire and a white wire and take them off. Note their locations for reattachment.
-2. Take a digital multimeter with the red lead and it into 500V and the black lead into COM. Place the rotating switch on 200V.
+2. Take a digital multimeter with the red lead and place it into 500V and the black lead into COM. Place the rotating switch on 200V.
3. Take the red and black leads and place one lead into each of the transformer wires. Place the red lead into the red wire and black lead into the white wire.
4. Plug in the microwave oven.
5. Start the microwave.
-6. Plug in the microwave and turn it on.
-
-7. Turn on the Multimeter and read the voltage.
-
-8. If the voltage is 118 to 125 then then your front panel is working correctly. Unplug the unit and let it sit for 30 minutes to discharge the capacitor or discharge it. This leaves only four possible problems. It is either the transformer, the capacitor, the diode or the magnetron.
-
-9. In my case I did not test the transformer or capacitor because they rarely go bad and the test equipment is about $150.
-
-10. So I just bought the diode, about $10, and replaced it.
-
-11. I also bought a magnetron for $102 and replaced it. Again look for video on UTUBE if you are unsure of what a diode and magnetron look like and how to replace them.
-
-After I did these things the unit worked like new. Hope this helps and good luck.
- == Update ==
-
- I have a GE Profile and everything worked but it would not heat. If this is the case with your microwave then here is what I suggest. Open up your oven by removing the top cover. Let it sit UNPLUGGED for 30 minutes or better yet you MUST discharge the HIGH VOLTAGE CAPICATOR. The capacitor has enough voltage to kill you. If you do not know what a capacitor is or how to discharge it look for a video on UTUBE. Then do the following:
-
-
-
-
-
-1. Locate the transformer. Take of the two leads usually a red wire and a white wire and take them off. Note their locations for reattachment.
-
-
-
-2. Take a digital multimeter with the red lead and place it into 500V and the black lead into COM. Place the rotating switch on 200V.
-
-
-
-3. Take the red and black leads and place one lead into each of the transformer wires. Place the red lead into the red wire and black lead into the white wire.
-
-
-
-4. Plug in the microwave oven.
-
-
-
-5. Start the microwave.
-
-
-
6. Turn on the Multimeter and read the voltage.
-
-
7. If the voltage is 118 to 125 then then your front panel is working correctly. Unplug the unit and let it sit for 30 minutes to discharge the capacitor or discharge it. This leaves only four possible problems. It is either the transformer, the capacitor, the diode or the magnetron.
-
-
8. my case I did not test the transformer or capacitor because they rarely go bad and the test equipment is about $150.
-
-
9. So I just bought the diode, about $10, and replaced it.
-
-
10. I also bought a magnetron for $102 and replaced it. Again look for video on UTUBE if you are unsure of what a diode and magnetron look like and how to replace them.
-
-
11. Reassemble, plug it in and test for two minutes on high with a cup of water.
-
-
-
-
After I did these things the unit worked like new. Hope this helps and good luck.

crwdns2892198:0crwdne2892198:0:

open

crwdns2893796:0crwdne2893796:0 curtislombardi2000 ,

crwdns2893800:0crwdne2893800:0:

I have a GE Profile and everything worked but it would not heat. If this is the case with your microwave then here is what I suggest. Open up your oven by removing the top cover. Let it sit UNPLUGGED for 30 minutes or better yet you MUST discharge the HIGH VOLTAGE CAPICATOR. The capacitor has enough voltage to kill you. If you do not know what a capacitor is or how to discharge it look for a video on UTUBE. Then do the following:
1. Locate the transformer. Take of the two leads usually a red wire and a white wire and take them off. Note their locations for reattachment.
2. Take a digital multimeter with the red lead and it into 500V and the black lead into COM. Place the rotating switch on 200V.
3. Take the red and black leads and place one lead into each of the transformer wires. Place the red lead into the red wire and black lead into the white wire.
4. Plug in the microwave oven.
5. Start the microwave.
6. Plug in the microwave and turn it on.
7. Turn on the Multimeter and read the voltage.
8. If the voltage is 118 to 125 then then your front panel is working correctly. Unplug the unit and let it sit for 30 minutes to discharge the capacitor or discharge it. This leaves only four possible problems. It is either the transformer, the capacitor, the diode or the magnetron.
9. In my case I did not test the transformer or capacitor because they rarely go bad and the test equipment is about $150.
10. So I just bought the diode, about $10, and replaced it.
11. I also bought a magnetron for $102 and replaced it. Again look for video on UTUBE if you are unsure of what a diode and magnetron look like and how to replace them.
After I did these things the unit worked like new. Hope this helps and good luck.
+ == Update ==
+
+ I have a GE Profile and everything worked but it would not heat. If this is the case with your microwave then here is what I suggest. Open up your oven by removing the top cover. Let it sit UNPLUGGED for 30 minutes or better yet you MUST discharge the HIGH VOLTAGE CAPICATOR. The capacitor has enough voltage to kill you. If you do not know what a capacitor is or how to discharge it look for a video on UTUBE. Then do the following:
+
+
+
+
+
+1. Locate the transformer. Take of the two leads usually a red wire and a white wire and take them off. Note their locations for reattachment.
+
+
+
+2. Take a digital multimeter with the red lead and place it into 500V and the black lead into COM. Place the rotating switch on 200V.
+
+
+
+3. Take the red and black leads and place one lead into each of the transformer wires. Place the red lead into the red wire and black lead into the white wire.
+
+
+
+4. Plug in the microwave oven.
+
+
+
+5. Start the microwave.
+
+
+
+6. Turn on the Multimeter and read the voltage.
+
+
+
+7. If the voltage is 118 to 125 then then your front panel is working correctly. Unplug the unit and let it sit for 30 minutes to discharge the capacitor or discharge it. This leaves only four possible problems. It is either the transformer, the capacitor, the diode or the magnetron.
+
+
+
+8. my case I did not test the transformer or capacitor because they rarely go bad and the test equipment is about $150.
+
+
+
+9. So I just bought the diode, about $10, and replaced it.
+
+
+
+10. I also bought a magnetron for $102 and replaced it. Again look for video on UTUBE if you are unsure of what a diode and magnetron look like and how to replace them.
+
+
+
+11. Reassemble, plug it in and test for two minutes on high with a cup of water.
+
+
+
+
+
+After I did these things the unit worked like new. Hope this helps and good luck.

crwdns2892198:0crwdne2892198:0:

open

crwdns2893792:0crwdne2893792:0 curtislombardi2000 ,

crwdns2893800:0crwdne2893800:0:

I have a GE Profile and everything worked but it would not heat. If this is the case with your microwave then here is what I suggest. Open up your oven by removing the top cover. Let it sit UNPLUGGED for 30 minutes or better yet you MUST discharge the HIGH VOLTAGE CAPICATOR. The capacitor has enough voltage to kill you. If you do not know what a capacitor is or how to discharge it look for a video on UTUBE. Then do the following:

1. Locate the transformer. Take of the two leads usually a red wire and a white wire and take them off. Note their locations for reattachment.

2. Take a digital multimeter with the red lead and it into 500V and the black lead into COM. Place the rotating switch on 200V.

3. Take the red and black leads and place one lead into each of the transformer wires. Place the red lead into the red wire and black lead into the white wire.

4. Plug in the microwave oven.

5. Start the microwave.

6. Plug in the microwave and turn it on.

7. Turn on the Multimeter and read the voltage.

8. If the voltage is 118 to 125 then then your front panel is working correctly. Unplug the unit and let it sit for 30 minutes to discharge the capacitor or discharge it. This leaves only four possible problems. It is either the transformer, the capacitor, the diode or the magnetron.

9. In my case I did not test the transformer or capacitor because they rarely go bad and the test equipment is about $150.

10. So I just bought the diode, about $10, and replaced it.

11. I also bought a magnetron for $102 and replaced it. Again look for video on UTUBE if you are unsure of what a diode and magnetron look like and how to replace them.

After I did these things the unit worked like new. Hope this helps and good luck.

crwdns2892198:0crwdne2892198:0:

open